Theta Dual Service is A.O. Smith’s unique way of using hot water from a water heater for both sanitary hot water and space heating. These modules can be used in combination with a BFC Cyclone, SGE or SGS system. This is a perfect solution for locations where there is a large demand for hot water and a small demand for heating.
Due to the intelligent control, the system can utilize its storage for both hot water and heating; from one system, without compromising on comfort.
Features Theta Dual Service
- Module to combine central heating with a high efficiency water heater
- Used in combination with a condensing gas-fired water heater BFC Cyclone or solar water heaters SGE or SGS
- Tailored modules for BFC, SGE and SGS
- For applications with a relatively small heating demand compared to the hot water demand
- Delivered as complete package: plate heat exchanger, DHW pump, three-way mixing valve, control, temperature sensor incl. clip and connection materials
- The maximum distance between the appliance and the plate heat exchanger can be 5 meters (in a system with a pipe diameter of Ø 22mm)
- Initial investment, service- and maintenance costs are considerably lower than a stand-alone boiler
Options Theta Dual Service
- Remote Display for SGE and SGS which shows temperatures and solar contribution
- BMS Interface for monitoring up to 50 parameters through a Building Management System
- Insulation materials for the plate heat exchanger