Which product groups are concerned?
Lot 1: CH and Combi boilers
- Products up to 70 kW will be labelled
- Products between 70 and 400 kW should be measured according to the Ecodesign Directive (this information will be found in the documentation), but are not labelled
- Products > 400 kW are not affected by the Ecodesign Directive
Lot 2: Water heaters
- Products up to 70kW and < 500 litre will be labelled
- Products between 70 and 400 kW and 500 – 2000 litre should be measured according to the Ecodesign Directive (this information will be found in the documentation), but are not labelled
- Products > 400 kW and > 2000 litres are not affected by the Ecodesign Directive
Important key dates
- 26 September 2015: all products in the above mentioned product groups werelabelled
- 26 September 2017: a second level of efficiency requirements have been applied to lots 1 and 2
- 26 September 2018: the third level of efficiency requirements will be applied to lots 1 and 2 and limit the maximum NOx emissions to 56 mg/kWh.
We care for our environment
As a company A.O. Smith wants to contribute to a better environment. Therefore we closely follow, with various industry related associations, all developments of the European Union’s legislation and guidelines. The last couple of years a lot of effort was put into integrating the Ecodesign Directive. Being part of this process enabled us to implement this knowledge directly to our internal improvement process. Most of our products are far ahead of the Ecodesign guidelines. Naturally, product improvement doesn’t stop here. Our R&D department will remain to research even more environmentally friendly technologies to implement in our products.
For more information, please download our ErP leaflet.
Click here to access Product Fiches and Energy Labels.